This is one of the works from Hans' work in progress, a multi-faceted series called 'Distant Suffering'. This work comprises :
• 3 Outlines of filing cabinets, each 134 cm. x 49.5 cm. x 71 cm.
• Material : Weathering steel, wooden bars.
• Nobo OHP Transparency Film, sided acid-free tape filled with :
- 1,000 images of explosions and ‘holiday clouds’ on 50 sheets;
- codes super imposed on the images: unique location positioning from a military open source website;
- 1,000 images of waves | statistics Global Warming on 50 sheets;
- 1,000 images of destroyed houses | ground plans in the images. These were sent to me (in 1996 at my request) from and of 72 national libraries;
- The World Library Art Project on 50 sheets.
Photo ©2017 Anne Breel.